Monday, October 3, 2011

Introduction:

Update: To clarify, I will be searching for current events associated with digital media and larger religions via online articles, text resources, news resources, etc. I will then post about the event and how it affects/changes the identity of that religion.

This blog will specifically focus on religions and their association with digital media. I am planning to specifically focus upon larger religions such as Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, and Buddhism.

Religion is one of the most important aspects that create our identity and define who we are as people. It is important to understand and be informed about issues within religious groups. Not only am I interested in learning about other religions, but I am hoping to strengthen my identity as well.

Since digital media is rapidly growing as well as constantly changing, it is guaranteed to be a current event within society. Digital media is prominent within most of the larger religions internationally. If a religion is associated with some sort of digital media, it is likely that the media is incorporated within religious contexts such as services, a source of communication within the community, used for outreach purposes, etc.

I am interested in knowing more about how religions tolerate digital media and what they consider to be acceptable and unacceptable. I am also interested in finding out how the media portrays these religions and their media use within their own societies.

No comments:

Post a Comment